Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zestfully priced

The one thrift store sighting that inspired me to start this blog was one that I did not get a photo of so you'll just have to take my word for it. The product was one bar of Irish Spring soap, still in the box. There were actually two boxes, in different areas of the section. They looked like this:


The boxes were a little worse for wear, with some water damage and discoloration. And plastered onto to each little box was a sticker with the Goodwill logo and a barcode for easy scanning at the checkout. The price printed on each sticker ($2.99) made me do a double-take and hunt down my sister so that I could show her. Yes, Goodwill was asking $2.99 for a box of soap that you can get in an 8-pack for $4.13 at Meijer. At the same store I found a pretty vintage 50's skirt covered with embroidery and rhinestones for only $3.29.


No comments:

Post a Comment