Saturday, May 14, 2011

Monkey stole the cookie from the cookie jar

I always try to avoid lifting the lids on any used kitchen items I find at thrifts. On this same trip I found a cool vintage cheese tray with a small glass-covered section in the center for the cheese. Because I was distracted by the awesomeness of the mid-century design, I went ahead and picked up the little glass dome. Oh my! I almost gagged when the smell hit my nose. I dropped the glass back on the center and that cheese tray became dead to me.

So, yeah. As long as I am in my right mind I never open breadboxes, mason jars, countertop canisters, cookie jars, or any other used food storage container. Thus, I did not take the hat off this ugly sailor monkey to find out if it was full of yummy chocolate chip cookies. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment