Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trendy toadstool trivet

When I was a kid, I remember seeing the odd mushroom-themed interior design decorative piece. Usually they were in the kitchen and I recall mushroom-shaped salt and pepper shakers, metal canisters with images of mushrooms, and little mushroom knick-knacks and wall decorations. The colors of the mushrooms were usually warm browns, oranges, yellows and greens, and fit in perfectly with the dark brown/avocado green/harvest gold late 60's-70's kitchen colors.

This heavy ceramic and cast iron trivet I found at Goodwill has a muted blue tint on the iron, but would otherwise fit nicely in a 70's vintage kitchen. There are only two ways it could be better: if there was a brown owl nibbling at one of the 'shrooms and the back had a Home Interiors sticker.


Speaking of Home Interiors and owls, I wonder if my mother still has these two hanging around in a box somewhere? They used to sit on the end table next to the couch.



(Apologies to the eBay seller, Juanabsbarn, for stealing her photo. She has some fun stuff you should check out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment